Renewable energy generation plants, especially windmill farms and solar farms, require remote monitoring solutions for easy management and to lower the operational cost. Maven's renewable energy monitoring solution enables you to remote monitor all the equipment that is present on the site, without having to be physically present. The data is made available, in real time, on the cloud application that can also be accessed via your smart phone. The solution uses Maven's indigenous Smartt Mesh algorithm in order to wirelessly transfer data over a distance of 30 kms. The solution can help you to take informed business decisions and save on operational costs.
Wind farms use wind mills to produce electrical energy. The wind mills are placed at a distance of about a kilometer and half from each other, which makes it quite expensive to monitor them using a wired solution. Maven's solution is a completely retrofit, wireless solution that allows you to monitor the performance of windmills. There is no change to the existing equipment and all the data is made available on cloud application for remote monitoring. A Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) is used to collect the data from the windmills and then upload it to the Internet.
- Avoid cost of new wire installation
- Reduce maintenance cost caused by wire cuts / damages
- Over-the-air firmware and configuration upgrade
- Line of sight reach of up to 600 meters
- Reach up to 30+ kms when implemented with mesh network
- Data to make informed business decisions
- Customized solutions are available as per requirement from design to delivery for OEMs
- Integration with SCADA / windmill controllers
- Alarms and events using email / SMS in case of
- Energy generation report on your mobile phone
- Easy integration with your existing SAP / ERP systems
- Supports existing Modbus protocol
- Can be integrated with custom protocol
- Supports up to 500 windmills with single DCU
- Events and alerts sent via SMS / email to registered user
How solution works
- WiART wireless module connects with windmill controller over serial port
- WiART module also connects with energy meter
- WiART then transfers the data wirelessly to main control station
- Optional data concentrator unit allows alerts and reports to smart phones
- Q. Is the wireless communication affected by bad weather conditions?
- A. No. The WiART module works in heavy rain, fog, and other extreme conditions.
- Q. What is the range and reach of WiART?
- A. The line of sight range of WiART module is 600 meters. However, Smartt Mesh algorithm allows a reach of up to 30 kms without any wiring.
- Q. How can I connect WiART module to data logger or energy meter?
- A. The WiART module can communicate with different ports like RS 232 / RS 485 / TTL. Just connect a module to the port, and it will work without any changes to your software or firmware.
Solar farms have a large number of solar panels spread out over a large area. Maven's solution allows you to wirelessly monitor solar farms. The solution is retrofit, and no change has to be made to the existing protocol or hardware. A Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) is used to collect the data from these solar panels. The solution works on mesh algorithm that allows a single DCU to collect the data of around 500 wirelessly enabled panels. All the data is uploaded to the cloud application, in real time, to allows you to remote monitor the solar farm, from your smart phone.
- No cost of installation or maintenance of wiring
- Very low maintenance and operational cost
- Covers long range of 30+ KMs
- Centralized cloud based application for monitoring and control, diagnostics, alerts and reports
- Customized solution as per site requirement and supports for design to delivery for OEMs
- Direct readings from individual,
- Solar panel data loggers
- Solar farm data loggers
- Alarms and events using email / SMS,
- Breakdown / fault
- Trend summary of,
- Generated power
- Time and date
- Voltage and Temperature
- Day to day climate information
- Multi user, multi-site and multi-level access support
- Energy generation report for,
- Utility metering
- Smart grid integration
- Easy integration with your existing SAP / ERP system
- Scalable for future expansions
- Supports for 50 hops to cover long range and reach of data
How solution works
- WiART series of low power radio frequency modules (LPRF) connected with solar panel data loggers over serial port to make it wireless.
- WiART module will communicate with data concentrator unit placed in metering room or control room or nearby station over RF.
- The communication between WiART and DCU will form a mesh network.
- Data concentrator unit communicates with WiART near to solar panel / farm data logger over LPRF and communicates with the cloud server over GPRS network.
- LPRF modules act as data transmitter as well as repeaters to send / forward or hop the data to DCU.
- One data concentrator unit support up to 300 WiART -LPRF nodes and supports up to 50 hops for large area coverage.
- Q. Does wireless communication affected by environmental or bad weather conditions?
- A. No, WiART LPRF module communicates in heavy rain / fog or other solar farms environmental conditions.
- Q. What is the range and reach of WiART?
- A. The WiART module can communicate with different ports like RS 232 / RS 485 / TTL. It supports different types of energy meter which communicates over serial / RS 485 port over Modbus.
- Q. How frequently the data can be recovered?
- A. The configurable feature of WiART module enables to collect the data every 6 hours.
- Q. Can I get the alert, when solar panel data logger is OFF or any failure?
- A. Yes, the WiART module connected to data logger will report to DCU and DCU will send the SMS / email to pre-configured number / email address.
- Q. What will happen if, the solar panel farm is not having the GSM / GPRS connectivity?
- A. " A. In case of unavailability of GPRS network, will provide the LPRF based hand held unit (HHIU) for daily data collection. HHU will store the data and will be transferred to base computer station.
- Q. Where I can install the WiART module to avoid huge wiring?
- A. In between
- Solar panel data logger (Panel to Panel) to base collection meter.
- Solar farm data logger to monitoring station.